Bluefors - Senior Legal Counsel (Lakimies)
Bluefors designs and manufactures ultra-low temperature cooling systems for scientific research, with a strong focus on the quantum computing and information community. Our systems have options including wiring and superconducting magnets and can be customized to meet the requirements of each customer. We are here to support scientists and industries go further. For this we brought together the best minds. We are curious to the core and have one mission: progress. Continuous development, learning, collaboration, and information sharing are fundamental to our way of working.
Bluefors is a well-known market leader with reliable, easy-to-use quality products. In our agile company structure customers are in direct contact with scientists and engineers who design their system. We deliver systems all around the world and the markets for our products are constantly growing (30% annually for the last 3 years!). Currently we employ more than 250 professionals from 34 different nationalities. We offer competitive benefits package, employee share program and a flexible working environment. Our head office is in Pitäjänmäki, Helsinki. We are a non-smoking workplace.
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel (lakimies) to join our Legal department in supporting our fast-growing international business. Your task will be to ensure that legal and compliance matters as well as corporate governance are conducted duly and professionally. In this senior advisory role reporting to the General Counsel, you are expected to assist and advise the General Counsel, executive team and colleagues from different departments within our company; sales, purchasing, logistics, finance, people operations and facilities.
- Intellectual property, contract and corporate law: legal advice, support and risk-assessment regarding e.g. sales and supplier contracts, NDAs, tenders, negotiations, employment contracts, and protecting our IP rights
- Maintaining and managing legal policies, documents, and templates
- Corporate governance and compliance
- Experience related to Data Protection matters is appreciated
Required qualities and skills:
- Master’s degree in Law
- At least 4-5 years of practical post-graduate experience in contract and corporate/business law
- Experience from an international business environment, preferably in a top-tier attorneys-at-law firm or high-tech industry (TMT, IPR or similar practice areas) is valued
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Finnish
- Good interaction and negotiation skills
- Commitment to providing first-class service both independently and working in a team
- Eye for detail and ability to provide solutions with a can-do attitude
- Genuine passion and interest in professional development
- A supportive, coaching, and fun team
- Motivating, challenging, and engaging work tasks in an international environment
- Good work/free time balance
- A full-time, permanent position
Please send your application with CV, references and salary request through our recruitment system in Vacancies (mepco.fi) by 18th April 2021 at the latest. We will start the interviews already during the application period and conclude the recruitment as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
For further information please contact General Counsel Erik Mrena, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.