Our people are the soul of our firm. Our culture derives from our corporate values and our different personalities. We maintain an open, resilient and transparent culture. We value and support each other. We are accessible.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Our data privacy team handles various types of projects. Your assignments may concern, among other things:
- Auditing clients data protection practices
- Drafting data protection guidelines and policies
- Performing data protection impact assessments
- Negotiating data processing agreements
We work with clients in various different sectors, including health services, financial services, digital marketing, retail and technology.
You’re a rising star with good knowledge on regulation of data privacy, ability to handle assignments independently and preferably you have already gathered work experience for couple of years. You know, that data privacy is your thing.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a positive can-do-attitude and genuine interest towards data privacy as a phenomenon
- Have strong technical skills, with an international awareness and focus to their work
- Have full working proficiency in Finnish and in English
- Be part of the DLA Piper’s international data privacy group which is considered one of the world’s strongest data privacy groups
- Be able to create and deliver sustainable, high quality client service whilst also considering client’s wider business objectives
- Be keen to get involved in business development and help drive the practice forward
- Be able to use innovative data privacy tools that we here at DLA Piper have developed
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
Our company culture is downright, we’re easily approachable and we work together listening and supporting each other. With us you can work as part of an international top team and you’re able to develop your knowledge and skills. The firm offers excellent training, learning and development programmes, as well as a genuine opportunity to experience a wide range of work and clients in a friendly and supportive environment.