EY - Legal Counsel (Associate Legal Counsel / Legal Counsel)
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
The traditional way of doing law is changing – and we are in the vanguard of that change. Our vision is to be recognized as the No. 1 global legal service provider for multi-disciplinary solutions, delivered in an innovative and technology-enhanced way. EY Law is already today combining traditional legal advisory services, and legal technology and innovation in the delivery of its services. If you want to learn about the future of law, and join our transformational journey, this is the chance for you!
We are looking for a lawyer to join our Corporate Advisory or M&A / Private Equity law teams. Notably with regard to M&A we have arisen among the top tier advisors with our integrated model, and we can offer great career prospects for rising stars. Working at a thoroughly global law firm with more than 3,500 lawyers and with more than 280,000 other professionals and sector specialists all over the globe is an experience already per se.
What we look for
- You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
- You are curious and purpose driven. We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
- You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
- Master of Laws -degree
- Experience in a legal specialist role
- Experience on Corporate Advisory / M&A, ideally also in real estate, data protection or commercial contracts
- Fluency in Finnish and English, other languages are an asset
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
- Work-life balance: valuing important aspects of life as a whole and offering freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next and you’ll be supported by coaching and having meaningful conversations about your career – not to forget possibility to obtain Tech MBA at EY free of charge!
What you can expect
- To apply, please submit your resume by 18.4.2021 on our career’s website. We will start going through applicants and conducting interviews during the application process.
- If selected from the first screening, you can expect to receive an invitation to our on-demand video assessments and gamified ability testing. This is done in collaboration with our service provider, HireVue.
- Interviews will be conducted virtually during April / May 2021
- Ideally the work would start during spring / summer 2021, but we are flexible with the starting date and it will be agreed individually.
For additional information, please contact Senior Manager Antti Korkeakivi, +358 40 570 6908.