Hannes Snellman is a top-tier Nordic law firm with 300 outstanding lawyers and other professionals based in Finland and Sweden. We advise leading international and local corporations across all business sectors. In addition to unique assignments, we offer our employees an opportunity to work with sharp-minded professionals in an atmosphere of inclusiveness. Our employees have different backgrounds and personalities, but we all share the same values: a commitment to provide high-quality services and a passion for what we do. We encourage independent thinking and take great pride in the professionalism of our teams and individuals. Today’s successful recruits are tomorrow’s firm.
* * *
We are looking for lawyers to join our Tax Team in Helsinki. Our team offers high-quality legal advice in different areas of tax law, including corporate taxes, indirect taxes, and taxation of individuals. We also regularly represent clients to defend their tax positions in courts and handle cases that end up becoming case law precedents for Finnish tax law.
“We are seeking individuals who already have at least some work experience from the tax advisory profession. You may have a background in corporate or individual taxation, indirect taxes or transfer pricing. Willingness to learn and to develop to be one of the best problem solvers and conflict resolvers in tax law is what really counts. Joining our team will give you a unique opportunity to work in the front line with the most interesting cases and with a client base encompassing the most significant Finnish and international corporations, the most exciting start-ups, different types of professional investors, family-owned businesses, philanthropists, and high-net-worth individuals”, says Heikki Vesikansa, Head of Hannes Snellman’s Tax Practice.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for someone who:
- is either quite newly graduated with a few years of relevant experience, e.g. from a law, wealth management, or accountant firm, or has already been working in the field of taxation for a longer period of time
- has an analytical approach to work and strong interpersonal skills
- strives for premium quality and is service-minded
- has a strong drive to develop into a top professional in the field of taxation
- has excellent knowledge of tax matters, e.g. VAT, individual taxation, or transactions
- is fluent in Finnish and English (knowledge of Swedish would be much appreciated)
- may also have experience from family law, contract law, financial regulation, and company law, which will all be considered an additional asset
What We Offer
- unique and challenging projects and matters
- working with some of the most interesting legal cases in the Nordic and international markets
- excellent training and development opportunities
- experienced coach to provide support throughout your career
- skill development programmes, personal annual plans, and fringe and other benefits
- opportunity to build your career in an inclusive working atmosphere where you get to be part of the team from day one
If you feel that you are the right person for this position, please submit your application, CV, and relevant certificates via our website by 31 January 2021 at the latest.
For more information about the position, please contact Partner Heikki Vesikansa (tel. +358 9 2288 4496).