Why would a future lawyer join us for an internship:
"While the core legal work in a transaction process is as relevant as ever, being able to shift thinking from the legal side of the deal process to others is continuously gaining importance also in a lawyers’ work. This is especially true in fast-paced M&A transactions where one often needs to participate in a diverse set of discussions ranging from transaction valuation to incentive structures, on top of the traditional legal work and also understand an owners’ thinking behind key legal tools such as a shareholders’ agreement.
Such a capability is also highly regarded in potential client organizations and especially relevant if your specialization and interest is in the field of M&A.
At Vaaka Partners, an intern will typically visit real-life M&A processes and get to see the thinking that goes on before, during and after the case ends up on a legal processional’s desk."
- Petrus Blomqvist, M.Sc. (Law) M.Sc. (Econ), At Vaaka from 2016
The analyst intern position
• You will be a valuable member in our deal teams participating in all phases of the investment process.
• You will get to participate in meetings with company founders & management, industrial advisors and other business superstars – not just desktop work.
• Your tasks will give you a broad introduction to PE, through e.g. screening of potential new investment ideas, industry and financial analyses and LBO model work.
• Unique opportunity to work in one of the leading lower mid-market private equity investment companies in the Nordics
• Competitive compensation
What we are looking for
• Completed internship in either management consulting, investment banking, M&A, private
equity, start-up or other relevant field
• 2+ years of studies, with excellent academic background
• Relevant courses in economics, finance, accounting, or industrial management completed (this can be accomplished through e.g. a minor in a relevant topic)
• Proficiency in English and Finnish
• Solid analytical skills and ability to solve problems independently
• Good communication & teamwork skills
• Entrepreneurial attitude and drive
Please apply through the link on our website vaakapartners.fi by 12th October 2020.
Vaaka Partners manages equity investment funds of approximately EUR 380 million with investments from Finnish and European institutional investors. Examples of Vaaka’s portfolio companies include Framery, the globally leading supplier of office booth solutions and Jungle Juice Bar.